Discovered in the Archives:
114 years ago, Colnaghi announces a new partnership
Recently discovered in an Italian archive by by Colnaghi's Head of Academic Projects Jeremy Howard is an announcement card sent to the Florentine dealer Stefano Bardini in June 1894. Otto Gutekunst and Edmond Deprez were writing to their clients to announce that they would be ceasing carry on business at their old address of 18 Green Street, St Martin's Place to "join the firm of Messrs P and D Colnaghi of 13 and 14 Pall Mall East". The card concludes "Messrs Deprez and Gutekunst take this opportunity of expressing their thanks for past favours and hope for continuation of them in the future".